Dr. Veronica Mason is passionate about Chiropractic and how it can improve people’s lives through decreased pain, increases mobility and a better quality of life. Every single patient is important!
She studied Chiropractic for 6 years and obtained her Master’s Degree (M.Tech Chiro) in 2012 from the University of Johannesburg (UJ) after completing her dissertation on The Relationship Between the Lumbar Lordosis, Body Fat Percentage, Lumbar Spine Range of Motion, Physical Activity Level and the Incidence of Low Back Pain in Females.
She then went on to open her practice at San Ridge Medical Centre, Midrand, in 2013 where she is currently running a family orientated Chiropractic practice.
In 2016, she joined HealthWorx Raslouw Lifestyle Centre where she is also currently running a family orientated Chiropractic practice.
She is also passionate about paediatric health and enjoys treating babies, children and expectant mothers with any musculoskeletal conditions relating to pregnancy. She is continuously attending seminars and courses in order to keep abreast with the latest research regarding pre-partum, post-partum and paediatric health.
She shares her life with her amazing husband and baby boy, who both receive regular Chiropractic care.
She is registered with the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa (AHPCSA A11211) and with the Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF Pr Nr: 0481483).
She is a member of the Chiropractic Association of South Africa (CASA).
She is also a member of the Paediatric Chiropractic Association of South Africa (PCASA).
What is Chiropractic?
The World Federation of Chiropractic (1999) defined Chiropractic as being concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on the functions of the nervous system and general health. This is obtained by a natural, drug-free, non-invasive and surgery-free approach to health care. Chiropractic is the 3rd largest primary health care profession in the world.
How do Chiropractors treat?
Chiros will use various modalities and techniques to treat neuro-musculoskeletal conditions. They include: acupressure, cold and heat therapy, cross-friction therapy, dry needling, immobilization and kineseo taping, deep tissue massage, rehabilitation, stretch, mobilization and primarily gentle chiropractic manipulation/adjusting technique.
What do Chiropractors Treat?
• Very common issues like Headaches, Back and Neck pain that will affect 85% of people
• Sport injuries
• ANY joint problems from the jaw to the toes!
• Muscle and Ligament Sprains and Strains as well as, Whiplash injuries
• Overuse injuries like Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Colic in babies
• Injury prevention in children and sports
• Pregnant ladies – the safest possible treatment for optimal growth of your baby, ease of delivery and aches and pains associated with a growing belly!
Who do we treat?
• Toddlers forever falling and bumping themselves to make sure no permanent skeletal damage is caused
• Children for injuries and optimal development
• Sports injuries or performance enhancement
• Desk bound professionals
• Elderly with arthritis and aging joints
• IN SUMMARY: anyone from 0 to a 100 year